March 12, 2020
Just like you, we are closely monitoring new developments regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance.
We are committed to doing everything we can to ensure to you that Harvey’s is operating our company at the highest of safety and health standards.
Therefore, we’ve decided to raise our usual standards of cleanliness and health safety. We didn’t become the leader in guest experiences by maintaining the status quo; you can count on us to be a leader in meeting the challenge of the coronavirus.
What We Are Doing:
We have implemented several new policies and procedures, which follow recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- We are in constant communication with our employees to reinforce our sanitization safety procedures in both guest-facing and back-of-house areas.
- Hand sanitizers are located at various points throughout our restaurant. Sanitizers are refilled and checked regularly.
- Touch points, such as handrails, door handles and knobs are cleaned multiple times throughout the day.
- Surfaces such as front desk, restaurant counters and dining tables are disinfected regularly in our restaurants.
- All departments have implemented hand washing or sanitizing procedures to take place multiple times during the employee’s shift.
- All employees are instructed frequently on correct hand washing and sanitizing procedures.
- Employees are instructed to wash hands before and after eating and before returning to a work area.
- Proper procedures are posted in all back-of-house work areas.
- All Harvey’s employees are prohibited from and instructed not to report to work with a potential illness that can be transmitted to others.
- If any employee were to be diagnosed as having coronavirus, they would be placed on a Medical Leave of Absence immediately.
We will continue to monitor the situation and remain up to date on information released by the CDC. We fully intend to serve you with the highest possible service and consideration to this matter.